And it doesn't stop there.
I've got black beans, pre-baked for some extra fibre & complete protein that also provides and mince like texture without the processed vegan meats. Then there's finely diced red onion, green onion, red cabbage, and jalapeno slices to finish them off and add even more flavour.
Apart from the chipotle, the toppings are totally flexible, I literally just threw on top what was available in the fridge... and it worked so perfectly. I used vegan chipotle (store bought), chili flakes, lime juice however other options could be: capsicum, corn, shredded lettuce, salsa, mashed avocado, sour cream, yoghurt sauce.
Serves 2 and is prepped and ready in under 40minutes
What you'll need
- 1 large sweet potato cut into fries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- Vegan Chipotle sauce
- Jalapeño slices, bell pepper, corn, shredded lettuce, salsa, avocado optional toppings
How to put it together
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees and line a baking dish with baking paper. Toss potatoes with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until coated evenly.
- Spread out the potatoes on the baking sheet. Place in the hot preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 15 minutes - or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Meanwhile, rinse and dry the beans, place on a lined baking dish in an even single layer, spray or coat with a little olive oil and some salt to taste. Place in the oven for the last 10 minutes of the fries. This time should brown and possibly split the beans (which is great because them a meat like look)
- While the fries and beans are cooking, prepare toppings. Once the beans and fries are cooked assemble fries on a plate, layer over beans, red onion, green onion,
- To assemble, place the fries on a large plate. Top with beans, red onion, green onion, red cabbage, and a drizzle of chipotle sauce. Add jalapeño slices and any other goodies you have, and serve immediately.